- Thaksin Shinawatra, Official International Terrorist!!
- Gist of the Ruling of the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Persons Holding Political Offices on The Assets Seizure Case Against Former PM Thaksin Shinawatra
- The Thai People’s Declaration to the World
- KING IN THAI HEARTS: Why Thai People Hold HM the King So High in Their Reverence and Endless Love
- Minefield of criminal cases await Thaksin:Verdict could be used to pursue damage to state
- FOLLOW-ON FROM VERDICT 10 Criminal cases now possible
- What is Thaksin prepared to do now?
- FACE-OFF :Thailand’s had ‘enough’ and will not tolerate Hun Sen’s behaviour
- Thailand Recalls Ambassador to Cambodia
- FM tells Economist: You painted too dark and pessimistic picture of Thailand
- Special report: Revocation of Thaksin Shinawatra´s rank insignia
- A Response to The Economist’s Article–(Thailand) A right royal mess
- Asia Times Online
- ASTV Online
- สุทธิชัย หยุ่น
- Bangkok Post
- BBC: Q&A: Thailand protests
- Black October, Youtube Collection!
- Blood on Streets of Bangkok
- Bloody October7-Youtube (English version)
- Boring Days
- Contemporary Thai Politics
- Corruption in the Suvarnabhumi Airport project
- Coups Law and Corruption cases
- Finland Plot
- Fugitive ex prime minister is willing to see the country destroyed in his pursuit of revenge
- High tension in Thailand ( 2Bangkok.com)
- His Majesty and the Country’s Governance
- Human Right Violation by Thaksin Shinawatra
- Kelly Newton: performance VDOs, MV (Youtube / imeem)
- Lese Majeste Law Allows Criticism but not abuse
- Letter to a fugitive prime minister
- Manager Online
- Manchester City’s accounts reveal the cost of Thaksin’s ownership
- Manger News in English
- MCOT English news
- Musing’s from Thailand
- National News Beraeu of Thailand
- PAD NewEngland.org
- PAD Photo Gallery from Daylife
- PAD USA
- Preah Vihear for Koh Kong and Natural Gas / Oil
- Red-shirt and Yellow-shirt, Analysis by A Professor in Political Science
- Sale of Shin Corporation to Temasek Holdings
- Serithai Webboard
- Stop Thaksin Shinawatra from poisoning the Kingdom of Thailand
- Suvarnabhumi Airport fiasco
- Tak Bai Massacre (Part 2) The true story of what happened in Southern Thailand when Thaksin was in Power
- TAN / TOC
- Thai Judiciary System
- Thai Monarchy favours political stability, rule of law and prosperity for the country
- Thai political crisis: IT’S still ALL about Thaksin
- Thai Post
- Thai Talk “Yoon”
- Thai’s Corruptions
- Thailand has stagnated and fragmented when Thaksin has step into power
- Thailand in the post-Thaksin era may be compared to the post-Hitler world
- Thailand political crisis 2005-2006
- Thaksin guilty as charged
- Thaksin has been found out, and out-manoeuvred
- Thaksin has hijacked democracy with money politics
- Thaksin regime's business networks
- Thaksin regime’s business networks
- Thaksin simply couldn’t bring himself to face the fact that a man of his wealth and influence could be sentenced to a jail term
- Thaksin’s Fabricated Lies On Al Jazeera
- Thaksin: Painting Himself Into the Corner
- Thaksin’s proposed way out is self-serving
- Thaksin’s Suicidal Marketing Politics
- The King of Thailand in World Focus
- The Nations
- Treacherous behaviour: An angry and desperate Thaksin Shinawatra
- True Liar Thaksin
- Vongthip Website
- Why Thaksin did not have the moral legitimacy to lead?
- Why Thaksin won’t quit Thai politics
Tag Archives: Monarchy
The Thai Foreign Ministry has written to “The Economist” after the British news magazine has published several articles about Thai politics. This is what was published in the latest issue:
An academic from Chulalongkorn University has sent a list of 5,000 names of lecturers, students and other people opposed to a royal pardon for Thakskin Shinawatra to Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.
The People’s Alliance for Democracy urges civil organizations to voice their opposition against the red-shirt campaign seeking a royal pardon for ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. The group also calls on top security officials, particularly the Army chief, to re-evaluate themselves.
A former prime minister of Thailand, Anand Panyarachun considers the move by the red-shirts to petition for a royal pardon on the behalf of ousted Premier and fugitive Thaksin Shinawatra unlawful.
The anti-government United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship’s (UDD) campaign for a royal pardon for former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has caused concerns for the Thai Government and the general public. The Government has responded to the UDD’s campaign by proactively informing the public of regulations and procedures of a royal pardon.
The government has warned supporters of the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) that petitioning for a royal pardon for Thaksin Shinawatra will only stir up more divisive emotions in Thai society.
Senate Speaker commented that the move by Thaksin supporters to petition for a royal pardon with the Bureau of the Royal Household instead of the Justice Ministry was illegitimate and that if the supporters insist on pursuing a royal pardon this way, the petition will not reach the Privy Council for consideration but will be sent back to the Justice Ministry.
A special committee on protecting the monarchy has called on the government to oppose the red-shirt group’s attempts to seek a royal pardon for former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
Thai Criminal Code classifies offences of insult or defamation in accordance with the status of and relations among persons in line with ethical norms in Thai society. This has made Thai laws different from those of other countries in a number of respects. Continue reading